Friday, December 30, 2011

Paris, Meet Cassie, and AU REVOIR from ME


Yes, y'all, I'm finally home; but first, a little recap of my last week in Paris.

Cassie made it to Paris safe and sound! I was a little late picking her up from the airport because I saw COLDPLAY in concert the night before and then went to the Joyce (surprise!) I woke up a little late, but I made it, and I cried when I saw her because I missed all my friends so much. After rushing Cassie to the apartment, luggage and all, I went to school to take my French final, and I think I FAILED. I hope not, but I don't think it went very well. :(

Her luggage sticker got stuck to my booty! It's magnetic, what can I say?

Even so, it meant I was FINISHED!! Cassie and I celebrated with a nice bottle of Bordeaux and some Champagne.
We basically farted around all afternoon and then it was time: Cassie NEEDED to be introduced to the most important man in my life-- The James Joyce Pub. We got a little dolled up...

And of course, I wanted her to meet my wonderful bartenders, Stephen, Will, Ernest, and Kevin. That night she was lucky enough to get to meet Will and Stephen. Lemme tell ya, she LOVES the irishmen, AND SO DO I!
We had an ABSOLUTE BLAST! 

We met a British man and he bought ALL of our drinks ALL night. He was hilarious, and his thousand euro tab was more ridiculous than he was! Yikes!

During that night, I was sitting at the bar with Cassie, taking an Irish car bomb, and a HOT irish guy yells at me from across the bar, "Still doing the same thing after 3 months, I see!" I'm thinking to myself, "Who the hell is this cat? But he OBVIOUSLY must know me. HOW?"
I walk over and ask him how he knows me. Turns out, 3 months previously, he and some of his Irish friends were going backpacking through Europe and we hung out in the James Joyce and he remembered me! How sweet? haha

Anyway, Cassie and I slept in after out IMMENSE night of partying on day one. Will joined us for lunch at Chez Clement, where we had an ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS MEAL. A meal that put us right to sleep.

After our LONG naps, we went out on the town with Will and Stephen.

Shortly after our Metro ride, the night QUICKLY got interesting. We went to Corcoran's, another Irish pub with a few locations in Paris.. Cassie and I drank Jameson and diet coke ALL NIGHT..Things got crazy. We went to a cafe for an "early" breakfast, and when we got up to leave, Stephen spit on my face, so I slapped across the face, then decided that wasn't enough for me, so I punched him. I didn't remember, but Cassie and Will reminded me that I actually punched him quite a few times before he ran away like a drunk little squirrel. NO IDEA.

The next day Cassie and I went sight seeing. We did the Tuileries Garden, the Eiffel Tower, and the Christmas Market at Trocadero. It was ALL BEAUTIFUL!
St. Michel Fountain first stop


Then we played in the Tuileries Garden...

And now the Eiffel Tower!!



It started to rain, so we put our scarves on our heads, just like some hood rats...
After we were done with our sightseeing day,  we went to the pub to finish planning the rest of our days in Paris, and also we went to see Stephen's busted lip, which was PRICELESS! (Note to EVERYONE, don't spit on me.) After, we went home and I cooked a shrimp and corn bisque for Will and Cassie for dinner, and then I went to a party and got to see my friend RAPHAEL that just graduated from the Nicholls MBA program! I wish I would have gotten to see all my French friends from Nicholls, but we were all super busy :(

The next morning, Cassie, Will and I went to another Corcoran's for Irish Breakfast, which was quite delicious..
I think we tried for Sacre Couer, but got frustrated with the rain and the metro and what not, so we went home and went to the pub instead...

It ended up being a QUIET night at the pub, but not for us. We managed to do Michael Jackson dances and make TOTAL fools of ourselves. But it was fun.


The next morning we went for a little breakfast...
with our favorite Irishman, Will...

And then onto our long list of things to do, including the Louvre, Arc de Triumph, Sacre Couer, and some souvenir shopping...





Monday night we did dinner at Bofinger's, a really nice restaurant in Bastille. SUPER NICE. We got all fancy, had wine and dessert and all... I must say, we were looking FINE!

A little creme brûlée with my flame? Don't mind if I do!

Tuesday was a sad day.. We finished up souvenir shopping and packed up, then went to the pub for the last time. We also saw Stephen and Ernest for the last time because they were flying back to Ireland the next day. It was so sad. I cried. 
We had to wake up super early to bring Cassie to the airport (like 5am early)... It was sad to see her go, but exciting to know I would soon see her at home..
After getting home from the airport, I slept until 3 pm, then went to the pub to hang out with Will until he closed it for good for the holidays...
I think I took it easy after that, I was pretty down. 

My last night in Paris was one of the worst.  Unwanted guests in your apartment are exactly that, UNWANTED. I could elaborate on this story, but for my sake and the sake of the people involved in that entire situation, I will leave it alone. That is all.



Woke up super early for my flight home, had a crazy time at the airport, but FINALLY made it on the plane after a few hours and $120 of overweight bag charges.

My empty closet :(

I don't know how I managed to pack it all...


AU REVOIR PARIS!

Excited to be coming HOME!

Well, I pretty much slept through the 11 hour flight. They woke me up to eat, and then I was back asleep, haha. I had a 8 hour layover in Miami, which I must say, was quite fun.


And those would be the EVERGLADES

Put on the BRAKES, because "I'm in MIAMI, B**CH!"

Dolla, Dolla bills y'all! I love having DOLLARS!




This thing was MASSIVE!



Me and my shrimp cocktail and my BULLDOG margarita

YUM!








Miami Beach :)



I managed to make it back to the airport with enough time for a nap too! Then off to NEW ORLEANS! There was a plane that landed the same time we did, we we had to wait a while to get off the plane because there was only one ground crew. 

And I FINALLY SAW MY PARENTS! I saw my dad's big head first, and then my mom saw me, and she STARTED TO CRY IMMEDIATELY, as did I. It was the best feeling in the world to be HOME.

We all made it back to the house safely, and I got to sleep in my own bed.. the perfecting ending to SEVERAL LONG HOURS of traveling.

I know, I've been home for a few days now, but it's ALOT to write all in one blog, so I will catch everyone  up on my homecoming in the next post..

LATER GATORS!

Kris


No comments:

Post a Comment